From: SamMexico via AccessMonster.com on
Hi all, I've been searching for an answer to my question for a while and have
got more and more confused as to the best way to approach it...I am a total
novice I'm afraid...

I have an Access 2003 database set up with one table with a unique ID for
each person and numerous other fields. I have set up forms to collect data
(about 6 in all).

What I would like to do is to be able select a unque ID and pull almost all
the fields in the table associated with it into a report. I would do this
for each person when required.

I presume I would have to set up a query first but have no real idea about
how to search for the unique ID and create individual reports...

Sorry but I would need an idiot guide type explanation

Thank you in advance,

Sam

From: Marshall Barton on
SamMexico via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>Hi all, I've been searching for an answer to my question for a while and have
>got more and more confused as to the best way to approach it...I am a total
>novice I'm afraid...
>
>I have an Access 2003 database set up with one table with a unique ID for
>each person and numerous other fields. I have set up forms to collect data
>(about 6 in all).
>
>What I would like to do is to be able select a unque ID and pull almost all
>the fields in the table associated with it into a report. I would do this
>for each person when required.
>
>I presume I would have to set up a query first but have no real idea about
>how to search for the unique ID and create individual reports...
>
>Sorry but I would need an idiot guide type explanation

Have you tried using the report creation wizard? It should
take care of most all of your needs. Before getting into a
separate report for each person, try just grouping on the
unique ID field and starting each group on a new page.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: SamMexico via AccessMonster.com on
Hi Marshall, I've made a start of creating the report with the wizard but I'm
not sure how to go about grouping the data for each individual record on one
page each...any advice would be great!

Sam

From: SamMexico via AccessMonster.com on
With a little formatting everything has worked out fine - didn't realise it
was going to be that easy, thanks for your help!

Sam