From: Marts on
annily wrote...

> > How about right clicking the icon, then selecting "Pin to Taskbar"?
> >

> Doing it the way you suggested works for me in Win 7 32-bit anyway.

I just tried that. There is no option for me to do it.

I'm running Win7 64b, though.

From: annily on
Marts wrote:
> annily wrote...
>
>>> How about right clicking the icon, then selecting "Pin to Taskbar"?
>>>
>> Doing it the way you suggested works for me in Win 7 32-bit anyway.
>
> I just tried that. There is no option for me to do it.
>
> I'm running Win7 64b, though.

As someone else mentioned, it must be peculiar to .bat files. I only
tried it with .exe files.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: Marts on
annily wrote...

> As someone else mentioned, it must be peculiar to .bat files. I only
> tried it with .exe files.

I wonder why they'd do that.

But yeah, I have pinned other shortcuts, all pointing to exe files, to the
Taskbar without any problems.

I changed options such as run in Win XP SP2 mode. While it made the batch file
run faster (copying files to or from a thumbdrive), it didn't allow me to pin
it.