From: Gloria on
Hi All,

I have created a query to run in a .dtsx package.
I would like to parameterize it so that a user can input a value via the
Execute Utility dialog when the .dtsx package is double-clicked.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Gloria
From: Gloria on
This is a duplicate.
I didn't know if my previous question made it to the website.
I would delete it but don't know how.

From: jhofmeyr on
Hi Gloria,

I think what you're looking for is how to set up Package
Configurations. There are a number of blogs and articles dealing with
package configurations. Alternatively, you can set package properties
directly by editing the command-line call ... lookup DTEXEC.exe - it
is well documented on MSDN.

Good luck!
From: Gloria on
Yes...I am having trouble finding information regarding the Execute Package
Utility dialog that comes up when you double-click the .dtsx file.
Specifically, in 'Set Values' has two inputs, 'Property Path' and 'Value'.
I assume 'Value' is the input parameter. What does 'Property Path' mean and
what kind of data/information is needed?

FYI...I created a dtsx package using Integration Service project and made
the query parameterized. I am using OLE DB and the parameter mapping is:
Parameter Variables
0 User::LotName

Do you know where I can find info or maybe you know, if I set up the
parameter correctly and what is 'Property Path' expecting?

Thanks

From: jhofmeyr on
Hi Gloria,

The Property Path is a string which tells dtexec what package property
you are trying to set. In your case it's basically a reference to the
variable you're trying to set, and will look something like:
\Package.Variables\[User::LotName].Properties[Value]

Good luck!