From: RedGrittyBrick on
On 13/06/2010 02:00, bobmct wrote:
> In my case I often product complex reports from perl. So I write them
> to a text file then use a free winblows utility text2pdf that does a
> GREAT job virtually instantaneously. If you can write your html code
> to a file on Windoze then this utility would work for you.

Which one? There seem to be many programs named text2pdf.
* Phil Smith's text2pdf
* FyTek's text2pdf
* SANFACE's text2pdf or txt2pdf
* A. Riazi's text2pdf
* Navi's text2pdf
* Keith Vetter's text2pdf

--
RGB
From: bobmct on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:10:22 +0100, RedGrittyBrick
<RedGrittyBrick(a)SpamWeary.invalid> wrote:

>On 13/06/2010 02:00, bobmct wrote:
>> In my case I often product complex reports from perl. So I write them
>> to a text file then use a free winblows utility text2pdf that does a
>> GREAT job virtually instantaneously. If you can write your html code
>> to a file on Windoze then this utility would work for you.
>
>Which one? There seem to be many programs named text2pdf.
> * Phil Smith's text2pdf
> * FyTek's text2pdf
> * SANFACE's text2pdf or txt2pdf
> * A. Riazi's text2pdf
> * Navi's text2pdf
> * Keith Vetter's text2pdf

I use Phil Smith's version to which I've expanded to handle upwards of
2K pages for very large historical reports.
From: Justin C on
On 2010-06-12, HerbF(a)earthlink.net <HerbF(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> I have a Perl script that generates an HTML page and sends it to a
> recipient via email. I would prefer to send the recipient a pdf document
> instead of the HTML page. Is there "an easy" method of doing this within
> the Perl script?

If there isn't a lot of data in the HTML page, and the layout is static
you could try PDF::Reuse. I had major difficulties generating the PDFs I
wanted and found this ideal. I created an empty page PDF, and that
became my template for putting everything else on/in. Damn lame I know,
but I found the documentation for the other modules impenetrable.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.