From: CamelR on
When running a script, as pgsql, that essentially lists available
databases and does a dump of them, as a cron job, I get this message
in the cron log:

could not obtain latest contract from popen(3C): No such process Wed
Jan 11 15:22:02 2006

the script runs fine when not run from cron.
the script runs fine from cron in the "global" zone.
All resources that pgsql needs are shared and mounted in the zone.
I found a "workaround." -- to create a contract from crontab ex:

30 3 * * * /usr/bin/ctrun -l child -o pgrponly
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/export_databases.ksh

I have a few years of Solaris experience, but I'm new to 10. Can
anyone explain what is happening here and offer any advice on this?

Thanks

From: Darren Dunham on
CamelR <thecamel(a)camelrichard.org> wrote:
> When running a script, as pgsql, that essentially lists available
> databases and does a dump of them, as a cron job, I get this message
> in the cron log:

> could not obtain latest contract from popen(3C): No such process Wed
> Jan 11 15:22:02 2006

Appears to be a bug.
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6270017

Other reports seem to suggest that it's only an issue when the cron job
is creating output. Can you run the job but redirect STDOUT and STDERR
to a file (or somewhere) rather than letting cron have it and try to
generate email, or does that bomb as well?

--
Darren Dunham ddunham(a)taos.com
From: CamelR on
It does produce output. The command exports a database to a file... I
redirect that output to a file that gets tarred and gzipped. I
appreciate the link. I have a call in with Sun right now, so I'll let
you know if they have any suggestions...

Thanks