From: Paul Phan on
Thank you Paul and Wei for your help. I was able to run Paul code but the
data hash solution from Wei generate this error message

ERROR: Hash object added 2228208 items when memory failure occurred.
FATAL: Insufficient memory to execute data step program. Aborted during
the EXECUTION phase.
From: Muthia Kachirayan on
On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Paul Phan <psquares(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Thank you Paul and Wei for your help. I was able to run Paul code but the
> data hash solution from Wei generate this error message
>
> ERROR: Hash object added 2228208 items when memory failure occurred.
> FATAL: Insufficient memory to execute data step program. Aborted during
> the EXECUTION phase.

The error message says that your system lacks memory to run the hash
program. How many companies(unique) do you deal with in your dataset?

Muthia Kachirayan
From: Paul Pham on
Hi Muthia, the number of unique companies is about 30