From: RAZ on
I have a user with Windows XP Pro installed on her laptop. She opened a
zip file that contained a virus. I was able to remove the virus using
Symantec Endpoint protection. However since she opened the email containing
the infected zip file, whenever she opens I.E 7.0 or Outlook 2003 a window
pops-up titled: Exporting Your Private Exchange Key.
An application is requesting access to a Protected item.
Then it displays Crypto Private Key and wants you to enter a password.
We can cancel the window and the application opens but what is causing
this and how can I get it to stop asking for the password?
From: Carey Frisch [MVP] on
Once your PC is infected with a computer virus or worm, your
computer becomes compromised and nothing less than a reinstallation
of the operating system is going to work. Yes, you can try
to scan and eliminate the initial virus, but you generally
cannot undo the damage caused by the virus to the system
files. You'll need to reformat your hard drive and then
reinstall your Windows operating system.

Cleaning a Compromised System
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx

Clean Install Windows XP

After restoring your system, consider installing a good
antivirus program, such as Windows OneCare. You can
try it absolutely FREE for 90 days.
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm

--
Carey Frisch