From: Leon on

I have a 25' long cable, a cheap stereo RCA to RCA deal, that I wanted to know
if it was shielded wire or speaker wire, so I just plugged it into my stereo and
turned up the volume a bit... it didn't create a lot of noise so I figure it's
shielded, and then I touched the ends of the jacks with my finger to create a
'buzz' to see where I was with the volume, get an idea of the S/N I was dealing
with. Anyway, the "buzz" that I got was a different tone on each side!! Left was
a low pitch, right a high pitch!

I'm pretty sure my amp and speakers are pretty well matched per side, tone
controls are always centered... I'll check later to try to see what's doing
it... no time right now...

Weird...

From: Tim Perry on

<Leon(a)nospam.com> wrote in message

> I have a 25' long cable, a cheap stereo RCA to RCA deal, that I wanted to
> know
> if it was shielded wire or speaker wire, so I just plugged it into my
> stereo and
> turned up the volume a bit... it didn't create a lot of noise so I figure
> it's
> shielded, and then I touched the ends of the jacks with my finger to
> create a
> 'buzz' to see where I was with the volume, get an idea of the S/N I was
> dealing
> with. Anyway, the "buzz" that I got was a different tone on each side!!
> Left was
> a low pitch, right a high pitch!
>
> I'm pretty sure my amp and speakers are pretty well matched per side, tone
> controls are always centered... I'll check later to try to see what's
> doing
> it... no time right now...
>
> Weird...

"to Infinity speakers and beyond" ~ Buzz Lightyear