From: Mark on
I have a spreadsheet that I created to print out minimized in credit card
size and take with me on holiday to Poland, which displays certain values in
�STG converted to PLN Zlotych and vice versa, by virtue of multiplying or
dividing by the current exchange rate in another cell.

One column (A) of cells are formatted to accounting and to display the pound
sign (�) and the other set are formatted to accounting and zl (Polish zloty)
so the symbols all line up.

But when I set the column B formatting to the Polish currency, those in
column A then display �l (pound sign and polish l) before the amount in
Pounds Sterling.

Any ideas?

From: James Silverton on
Mark wrote on Sun, 2 May 2010 17:41:33 +0100:
> displays certain values in �STG converted to PLN Zlotych and vice
> versa, by virtue of >multiplying or dividing by the current exchange
> rate in another cell.

> One column (A) of cells are formatted to accounting and to
> display the pound sign (�) and the other set are formatted to
> accounting and zl (Polish zloty) so the symbols all line up.

> But when I set the column B formatting to the Polish currency,
> those in column A then display �l (pound sign and polish l)
> before the amount in Pounds Sterling.

I am a little puzzled by why you have to dream up your own abbreviation
"�STG", which I guess is pound sterling. The normal trilitteral is GBP.
Try looking at a currency exchange page like http://www.oanda.com/ Some
common standard abbreviations are given and going to their more
comprehensive page will produce a lot more. By the way, the abbreviation
for Zloty is PLN.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland