From: jmorton123 on
It seems to me that cryptography has reached such a very high level of
sohphistication that it has become pretty much impossible to
objectively crack a well thought out modern encryption algorithm.

So the future of results oriented cryptanalysis is to entirely focus
on any implementation or security weaknesses or in effect, attacking
bugs in the code or improper use of program protocols also often
referred to as human error or failing.

It is in these areas that resources are being primarily funneled
except in the most inept of targets.

JM

From: unruh on
On 2010-06-13, jmorton123 <jmorton123(a)rock.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that cryptography has reached such a very high level of
> sohphistication that it has become pretty much impossible to
> objectively crack a well thought out modern encryption algorithm.
>
> So the future of results oriented cryptanalysis is to entirely focus
> on any implementation or security weaknesses or in effect, attacking
> bugs in the code or improper use of program protocols also often
> referred to as human error or failing.

The future work is also into making things faster, into finding
algorithms which are more closely provably secure under well stated
assumptions, etc. But then, that has always been the goal of crypto.