From: "Michael Haufe ("TNO")" on
On Apr 12, 9:32 am, Linda <1anml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to script the appearance of the cursor in a textarea?
> Rather than a blinking cursor, I want to have an image.

Not directly as it is a native OS component. You'll have to emulate
the effect in another way. One approach is to do what Bespin does in
their code editor (https://bespin.mozillalabs.com/). Another approach
is to use a contenteditable tag and capture all key events to simulate
a textarea with the appearance you want. Whatever way you go, the code
won't be very straightforward.
From: Linda on
nick wrote:
>the look of a cursor in a textbox is determined at a below browser javascript

That is what I needed to know rather than...

Thomas wrote:
>forget that idea
and
>probably way over your head

Or
Asen wrote:
>If I see similar textarea like yours, I will close the page and gone away.

No problem with that. The application would not be useful to you
anyway. It is for a niche market and will not be posted on the web.

And this:
>Perhaps that is idea of some designer which want to F**K the devil in the air?

Cute. When you don't know how to do something, resort to juvenile
cursing...or the suggestion of cursing.

And this waste of time in your writing and my reading.

nick wrote:
>Unless it's really an app and not (supposed to seem like?) a web page..
Not that it really matters, it in fact will be HTML, CSS and
JavaScript contained within a native iPad app. What is sometimes
called a hybrid app.

>Sometimes it can be alright...like an integer-only textbox, not allowing any character to appear besides a number or dash

I agree. Especially on mobile platforms because it means less taps
when the letters and numbers are on different keypads.

>You could switch to that browser and exploit the bug...
This is not possible. Only mobile Safari is available on the iPad. I
wish this were not true but it is a fact.

Thank you Michael for your comments as well.
>Not directly as it is a native OS component.

Linda
From: Bwig Zomberi on
Linda wrote:
>> You could switch to that browser and exploit the bug...
> This is not possible. Only mobile Safari is available on the iPad. I
> wish this were not true but it is a fact.

Try Opera Mini. It was approved by Apple yesterday.

Form controls are difficult to customize. You could have a DIV and try
contenteditable property that Micheal suggested.

--
Bwig Zomberi