From: sharon27lily on
I am attempting to create a table style that would work across 30 or 40
templates. I am using the Contemporary Table style as a base in Word 2007.

Unfortunately, several aspects of the table I've designed are not working,
the main one being the banding of color of every other row.

I am able to set up the custom table, and reformat each table to that style,
but the banding is not consist. In one case, I recreated the style with a
different name, and it disappeared.

Also, on the ribbon, I cannot check off the checkbox called banding
From: Terry Farrell on
Unfortunately, Table Styles are not really up to much and are a bit of a
wasted idea. Better to create some default tables and save then as AutoText
entries.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

From: Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com on
For tables that I did not create, I've made it a practice to clear table
formatting before I apply my table style.

If the document is a doc. file(that is, if you are in W2007 compatibility
mode) , you cannot apply banding set in a table style. And, of course, you
must be able to turn the option _on_ for a table in order for it to appear.

TH,
Pam

From: sharon27lily on
Thank you both.