From: Tess on
Hi,

We have an employee that's color blind. I have been trying to search a way
to customize the color scheme in Excel 2007 as the limited color of black,
blue, and silver doesn't help him. Is there a way to choose more bold colors
rather than the soft colors already provided; more advance customization?

Thanks in advance!

Tess
From: Gord Dibben on
Not within Excel.

You can change Windows Theme.

OR...................

Try having a look at Control Panel>Accessiblity Options for some
manipulation of Display

Note: high contrast setting will affect the display of colors on the
worksheet.

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: FSt1 on
hi
i ran into this problem some years back when HR provided me with a color
blind emplyee. my warehouse at the time AND the production floor was color
coded. when it became necessary to diliver goods to the floor, he would asks
production personel...is this red or green?
i lobbied HR to require that warehour employees be screened for color
blindness but was told that this would be discriminitory.
huh!
i do simpathize with your problem. we even tried to adjust the colors
(different shades of red) to accomidate the color blind employee but that
just ended up confusing the production floor AND the warehouse even more.
sigh!
My advice....re-assign your color blind employee to a prosition where color
doesn't matter.

It's.... not.... their.... fault!!! They.... are.... not .... stupid!!!!

but if color is critical.....remove them from that situation and assign them
other duties where they can be more productive.
per my experience, excel cannot compensate for a true medical(?) condition.

regards
FSt1