From: Chris on
I need to track and post race results using mm:ss.xx format. I also need to
add/subtract times. Is there a function or format to do this?
From: Lars-�ke Aspelin on
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:14:01 -0700, Chris
<Chris(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to track and post race results using mm:ss.xx format. I also need to
>add/subtract times. Is there a function or format to do this?

Try the following custom format for your cell formatting.

mm:ss.00

Hope this helps / Lars-�ke

From: Chris on
It works if there are minutes. If the results are less than a minute, it
converts it to hours. To get around this, all I can do is add leading zeros.
If there is another way, let me know. Otherwise, we'll stay this this
approach.

thanks for your help...it is greatly appreciated.
Chris

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
You can either add the leading zero or the trailing zero.
0:1:23
or 1:23.0
will give 01:23.00

You may be safer formatting as [mm]:ss.00, as the square brackets will deal
with times beyond 60 minutes.
--
David Biddulph

"Chris" <Chris(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It works if there are minutes. If the results are less than a minute, it
> converts it to hours. To get around this, all I can do is add leading
> zeros.
> If there is another way, let me know. Otherwise, we'll stay this this
> approach.
>
> thanks for your help...it is greatly appreciated.
> Chris
>
> "Lars-�ke Aspelin" wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:14:01 -0700, Chris
>> <Chris(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I need to track and post race results using mm:ss.xx format. I also
>> >need to
>> >add/subtract times. Is there a function or format to do this?
>>
>> Try the following custom format for your cell formatting.
>>
>> mm:ss.00
>>
>> Hope this helps / Lars-�ke
>>

>> .

Pages: 1