From: DerbyDad03 on
I have friend who asked me the following question. She is going to
need to use these symbols on a regular basis, so the most streamlined
method would be the most helpful.

Any thoughts on accompishing her goal? Thanks!

Hi,

I need to make the letter c with the _ on top of the c in
powerpoint.........help!

The c with a line on the top is a medical symbol, meaning "with".

I am also going to need an A a P and an S with the lines.

Have looked for medical fonts but have yet to find any.

From: DerbyDad03 on
On Jan 22, 10:06 am, DerbyDad03 <teamarr...(a)eznet.net> wrote:
> I have friend who asked me the following question.   She is going to
> need to use these symbols on a regular basis, so the most streamlined
> method would be the most helpful.
>
> Any thoughts on accompishing her goal? Thanks!
>
> Hi,
>
> I need to make the letter c with the _ on top of the c in
> powerpoint.........help!
>
> The c with a line on the top is a medical symbol, meaning "with".
>
> I am also going to need an A a P and an S with the lines.
>
> Have looked for medical fonts but have yet to find any.

OP Here. Just found the following at
http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/excel-chart/10900/overline-in-Excel
which seems to work in PowerPoint also. I'll suggest it to my friend:

"Before you type the character for which you
want the overbar, change the font to Symbol.

To create the bar, type the ` character (accent
grave, may be above the Tab key)

Then, stay in Symbol font, or switch to a different
font, and type the character that has the overbar."
From: Steve Rindsberg on
Start PPT and choose Insert, Symbol.

For the font, choose:
MS Reference Sans Serif

For Subset, choose
Private Reference Area

Then poke around a bit. Looks like there's an A, C, P and S with
overbars.

In article <cd4dc33f-f10b-485e-bd2d-
df08589b9094(a)q4g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> I have friend who asked me the following question. She is going to
> need to use these symbols on a regular basis, so the most streamlined
> method would be the most helpful.
>
> Any thoughts on accompishing her goal? Thanks!
>
> Hi,
>
> I need to make the letter c with the _ on top of the c in
> powerpoint.........help!
>
> The c with a line on the top is a medical symbol, meaning "with".
>
> I am also going to need an A a P and an S with the lines.
>
> Have looked for medical fonts but have yet to find any.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: AmyM on
Also found this:

http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-student/medical-abbreviation-font-275532.html

From: DerbyDad03 on
On Jan 22, 10:58 am, Steve Rindsberg <ab...(a)localhost.com> wrote:
> Start PPT and choose Insert, Symbol.
>
> For the font, choose:
> MS Reference Sans Serif
>
> For Subset, choose
> Private Reference Area
>
> Then poke around a bit.  Looks like there's an A, C, P and S with
> overbars.
>
> In article <cd4dc33f-f10b-485e-bd2d-
>

> df08589b9...(a)q4g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> > I have friend who asked me the following question.   She is going to
> > need to use these symbols on a regular basis, so the most streamlined
> > method would be the most helpful.
>
> > Any thoughts on accompishing her goal? Thanks!
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I need to make the letter c with the _ on top of the c in
> > powerpoint.........help!
>
> > The c with a line on the top is a medical symbol, meaning "with".
>
> > I am also going to need an A a P and an S with the lines.
>
> > Have looked for medical fonts but have yet to find any.

> PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/- Hide quoted text -

Thanks.

I don't have access to her machine but I'm running Office 2003 Pro.

The closest I can come to doing what you suggest is:

Private Use Area not Private Reference Area

Unless I missed it, I didn't see a lower case c with the overbar.

I found overbars for A, a, C, P, p, S and s but not c.