From: John on
Hi

Is it possible to tell have the setup cerate the app shortcut with a
parameter value passed to the application?

Thanks

Regards

From: Wilson, Phil on
If you've created the shortcut in the setup project's IDE with a
right-click, then a right-click=>Properties window on the shortcut has
Arguments where you put your parameters, the command line options.
--
Phil Wilson
The Definitive Guide to Windows Installer

From: John on
Hi

Is it possible to let the setup do it is easiest for the end user?

Thanks

Regards

From: Wilson, Phil on
I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at, because that's what I'm
referring to, the setup. When I say "in the IDE" I mean in the setup
project's IDE. I'm not suggesting that the user alter the shortcut after
it's been installed. I'm saying that you can set the target in the setup
project as I described.

From: John on
Hi Wilson, Many Thanks.

> I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at, because that's what I'm
> referring to, the setup. When I say "in the IDE" I mean in the setup
> project's IDE. I'm not suggesting that the user alter the shortcut after
> it's been installed. I'm saying that you can set the target in the setup
> project as I described.
> --
> Phil Wilson
> The Definitive Guide to Windows Installer
> http://www.apress.com/book/view/1590592972
>

> "John" <info(a)nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Is it possible to let the setup do it is easiest for the end user?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> "Wilson, Phil" <philw(a)wonderware.nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> If you've created the shortcut in the setup project's IDE with a
>>> right-click, then a right-click=>Properties window on the shortcut has
>>> Arguments where you put your parameters, the command line options.
>>> --
>>> Phil Wilson
>>> The Definitive Guide to Windows Installer
>>> http://www.apress.com/book/view/1590592972
>>>

>>> "John" <info(a)nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message

Pages: 1
Prev: debug smartdeviceproject
Next: MySql