From: badzio on
Hi, is it possible to customize default webbrowser control?
Actually I want to change the color of scrollbar in this control.
How can I do it?
From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
So, you've not told us 1) what version of Windows CE you are using or if you
are using Windows Mobile, 2) what browser you are using (the availability of
several depends on what version of CE, of course), 3) whether you are trying
to customize a binary version of the browser or if you have the source code,
4) whether you are willing to accept a change to the color of all scroll bars
as the price of changing the color of the one in your browser.

I will also ask, have you looked at WM_CTLCOLORSCROLLBAR?

Paul T.

From: badzio on
On 29 Gru, 20:21, Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] <paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_
net> wrote:
> So, you've not told us 1) what version of Windows CE you are using or if you
> are using Windows Mobile,

Windows Mobile 6 (both profesional and standard)

2) what browser you are using (the availability of
> several depends on what version of CE, of course), 3) whether you are trying
> to customize a binary version of the browser or if you have the source code,

Sorry, not enough informations :)
I'm developing application in c# (CF .Net 2.0) on WM6 (pro/standard).
I'm using control System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser so I don't have
sources of that.

> 4) whether you are willing to accept a change to the color of all scroll bars
> as the price of changing the color of the one in your browser.

Yes if all scrollbars means all scrollbars only in my application
(probably next step will be changing scrollbar color in listview) :)
If all scrollbars in all applications that probably not but I can
consider that (workarround - changing default color for scrollbar when
my application get/lost focus).

Or maybe do you know any webbrowser control which I could use (LGPL or
similar license - I must use it in commercial application).
The best if it would be for free :)
I heard about resco controls but not sure if I can change colors there.
From: badzio on
On 30 Gru, 00:47, badzio <bad...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 Gru, 20:21, Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] <paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_
>
> net> wrote:
> > So, you've not told us 1) what version of Windows CE you are using or if you
> > are using Windows Mobile,
>
> Windows Mobile 6 (both profesional and standard)
>
> 2) what browser you are using (the availability of
>
> > several depends on what version of CE, of course), 3) whether you are trying
> > to customize a binary version of the browser or if you have the source code,
>
> Sorry, not enough informations :)
> I'm developing application in c# (CF .Net 2.0) on WM6 (pro/standard).
> I'm using control System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser so I don't have
> sources of that.
>
> > 4) whether you are willing to accept a change to the color of all scroll bars
> > as the price of changing the color of the one in your browser.
>
> Yes if all scrollbars means all scrollbars only in my application
> (probably next step will be changing scrollbar color in listview) :)
> If all scrollbars in all applications that probably not but I can
> consider that (workarround - changing default color for scrollbar when
> my application get/lost focus).
>
> Or maybe do you know any webbrowser control which I could use (LGPL or
> similar license - I must use it in commercial application).
> The best if it would be for free :)
> I heard about resco controls but not sure if I can change colors there.

I tried to put VScrollBar on the form and hide scrollbar included in
webbrowser. But I don't have access to webbrowser's scrollbars so I
cannot scroll the page, I don't know how big should scrollbar etc
From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
Have you tried my other suggestion of using WM_CTLCOLORSCROLLBAR. It depends
on the parenting of the controls whether you can easily use this or not, of
course. If the Web browser control is the parent of the scroll bar, you might
try subclassing the Web browser window and taking over processing of
WM_CTLCOLORSCROLLBAR.

You can use Remote Spy to examine what windows belong to what parent windows
for your application...

Paul T.