Prev: word problem
Next: styles
From: Yusuf on
Hi Guys,

How can I add a custom numbering format for my footnotes example: (1) (2)
(3)... which is very common in Arabic books

Regards,
Yusuf
From: Robert M. Franz [RMF] on
Hello Yusuf

Yusuf wrote:
> How can I add a custom numbering format for my footnotes example: (1) (2)
> (3)... which is very common in Arabic books

I've never seen this before (in a western language version of Word,
FWIW), so I doubt that Word is able to provide this out of the box.

It's possible to trap the command to insert a footnote and add the
parenthesis manually.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
From: Jonathan on
As Robert said, it can be done manually only. In Find and replace (ctrl+h),
replace ^f with (^&)

"Yusuf" wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> How can I add a custom numbering format for my footnotes example: (1) (2)
> (3)... which is very common in Arabic books
>
> Regards,
> Yusuf

Pages: 1
Prev: word problem