From: Happi Monday on
Hi Folks.
Hoping you can help me - it's time to replace my trusty old Dell D400,
as it's just about had it. I'm looking for advice on what to replace it
with. Did Dell replace this with a newer model? I need something
similarly small and portable - so far have found the Inspiron Netbook 1011.
Any pointers, please? I've been happy with my Dell's so looking to stay
loyal unless someone gives a strong plug for something else.

Thanks,
Hap
From: Pen on
On 4/12/2010 5:33 AM, Happi Monday wrote:
> Hi Folks.
> Hoping you can help me - it's time to replace my trusty old Dell D400,
> as it's just about had it. I'm looking for advice on what to replace it
> with. Did Dell replace this with a newer model? I need something
> similarly small and portable - so far have found the Inspiron Netbook 1011.
> Any pointers, please? I've been happy with my Dell's so looking to stay
> loyal unless someone gives a strong plug for something else.
>
> Thanks,
> Hap
The Latitude 13 is the one closest to the D400. The
latitudes tend to be slightly sturdier than the Inspirons,
but either is a good choice. The 13 however, is offered with
much faster processors than the netbooks and would be my
preference.
From: Happi Monday on
On 12/04/2010 22:50, Pen wrote:
> On 4/12/2010 5:33 AM, Happi Monday wrote:
>> Hi Folks.
>> Hoping you can help me - it's time to replace my trusty old Dell D400,
>> as it's just about had it. I'm looking for advice on what to replace it
>> with. Did Dell replace this with a newer model? I need something
>> similarly small and portable - so far have found the Inspiron Netbook 1011.
>> Any pointers, please? I've been happy with my Dell's so looking to stay
>> loyal unless someone gives a strong plug for something else.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hap
> The Latitude 13 is the one closest to the D400. The
> latitudes tend to be slightly sturdier than the Inspirons,
> but either is a good choice. The 13 however, is offered with
> much faster processors than the netbooks and would be my
> preference.

Thanks.
Seems that they released a 410 (almost same as 400), then 420 and 430
(both with much better specs than 400).

Hap