From: Jps on
Hi guys.
I'm a student, and i'm entering the world of the chip programming.
I have acquired a dataman s4, and i would like to use some pal and gal chip.
I know that an adaptor it's needed, but anyone that own it know if it's
possible to build this ? Anyone know this or have some schematics?
Thank you so much from europe!

From: WangoTango on
In article <YgoUn.183178$9f6.349677(a)twister1.libero.it>,
formula1vhsNOSPAM(a)hotmail.com says...
> Hi guys.
> I'm a student, and i'm entering the world of the chip programming.
> I have acquired a dataman s4, and i would like to use some pal and gal chip.
> I know that an adaptor it's needed, but anyone that own it know if it's
> possible to build this ? Anyone know this or have some schematics?
> Thank you so much from europe!

Have you tried their website?
They use to have a listing of all the adapters AND the wiring of those
adapters, so you could make one yourself.

From: Jps on

> Have you tried their website?
> They use to have a listing of all the adapters AND the wiring of those
> adapters, so you could make one yourself.

Yes i have asked too , but they don't give wiring or other! And
unfortunately i can't afford to buy this!

From: Bruce Esquibel on
WangoTango <Asgard24(a)mindspring.com> wrote:

> Have you tried their website?
> They use to have a listing of all the adapters AND the wiring of those
> adapters, so you could make one yourself.

I don't think that is correct. I've had an S4 for years and don't remember
them making the plans for an adapter, to make it yourself, available.

Many of their adapters aren't just socket changers, many are multi-layered
and have some onboard logic.

I think the pricing is fair for them although some do get kind of expensive.
Just amazes me they keep supporting that thing (S4) being it's been out for
like 15 years now.

-bruce
bje(a)ripco.com
From: WangoTango on
In article <hvvnpc$9fh$1(a)remote5bge0.ripco.com>, bje(a)ripco.com says...
> WangoTango <Asgard24(a)mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > Have you tried their website?
> > They use to have a listing of all the adapters AND the wiring of those
> > adapters, so you could make one yourself.
>
> I don't think that is correct. I've had an S4 for years and don't remember
> them making the plans for an adapter, to make it yourself, available.
Sure they did, my 48XP manual even makes note of it, I went and looked
again. Even their on-line manual says they have it available for
download, but I couldn't find a current link on the site.

> Many of their adapters aren't just socket changers, many are multi-layered
> and have some onboard logic.
Yes, and the active sockets are not included in the list they had
available. The list is basically a programmer pin X goes to adapter
socket pin y kind of thing. I may just be losing my mind, but I am sure
it WAS there. How about a quick call to Dataman and ask?