From: ExchangeFTW on
I keep getting this Event in my Application Logs:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DAVEXPC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 901
Date: 4/30/2008
Time: 11:01:07 AM
User: N/A
Computer: [Computer Name]
The description for Event ID ( 901 ) in Source ( DAVEXPC ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event: DAVEX.
Data:
0000: 02 00 00 00 ....

Running a Win2k3 SP2 Enterprise Server
Enterprise Exchange 2k3 Cluster
Up-to-date with all Service Packs/Updates.

Anyone Have any idea what this error is and what causes it?
Thanks
--
ExchangeFTW
Exchange Messaging Engineer
From: "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" email a on
"ExchangeFTW" <ExchangeFTW(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting this Event in my Application Logs:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: DAVEXPC
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 901
> Date: 4/30/2008
> Time: 11:01:07 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: [Computer Name]
> The description for Event ID ( 901 ) in Source ( DAVEXPC ) cannot be
> found.
> The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
> message
> DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to
> use
> the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support
> for
> details. The following information is part of the event: DAVEX.
> Data:
> 0000: 02 00 00 00 ....
>
> Running a Win2k3 SP2 Enterprise Server
> Enterprise Exchange 2k3 Cluster
> Up-to-date with all Service Packs/Updates.
>
> Anyone Have any idea what this error is and what causes it?
> Thanks
> --
> ExchangeFTW
> Exchange Messaging Engineer

It's a Performance Counter for the Exchange HTTP extensions (i.e.
DAVEX.DLL). Try this:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=901&eventno=2135&source=DavexPC&phase=1

Lee.

--

Outlook Web Access for PDA, OWA For WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com