From: vsevolod afanassiev on
Hi All,

In 10g Oracle introduced view DBA_TAB_STATISTICS. Many columns are
identical to those available
in DBA_TABLE (NUM_ROWS, LAST_ANALYZED), but there are new columns, in
particular:
- AVG_CACHED_BLOCKS
- AVG_CACHE_HIT_RATIO

I checked a few databases and these columns don't get populated. It
should be possible to get
this information from somewhere else - number of blocks from V$BH, V
$CACHE and hit ratio from
object statistics. Still it would be nice to get these columns
populated. Anyone know how to do it?
There is nothing in documentation.

Thanks

From: hpuxrac on

snip

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:27658118048105
From: vsevolod afanassiev on
Thanks, but it doesn't work.
- According to "Oracle Database 10g New Features" by Robert Freeman
parameter STATTYPE is set to ALL by default (page 22).
- I collected statistics for one of the tables using
DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS with STATTYPE = 'ALL', but columns still
haven't been populated. This is 10.2.0.4 on Linux
From: hpuxrac on
On Dec 26, 8:46 pm, vsevolod afanassiev
<vsevolod.afanass...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Thanks, but it doesn't work.
> - According to "Oracle Database 10g New Features" by Robert Freeman
> parameter STATTYPE is set to ALL by default (page 22).
> - I collected statistics for one of the tables using
> DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS with STATTYPE = 'ALL', but columns still
> haven't been populated. This is 10.2.0.4 on Linux

Try testing this stuff in an 11.1.0.7.1 environment perhaps ...

Put additional questions into asktom since you have a starting point
perhaps ...

Submit questions into Oracle support via metalink perhaps ...
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:02:03 -0800, hpuxrac wrote:

> On Dec 26, 7:21 pm, vsevolod afanassiev <vsevolod.afanass...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> snip
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> In 10g Oracle introduced view DBA_TAB_STATISTICS. Many columns are
>> identical to those available
>> in DBA_TABLE (NUM_ROWS, LAST_ANALYZED), but there are new columns, in
>> particular:
>> - AVG_CACHED_BLOCKS
>> - AVG_CACHE_HIT_RATIO
>>
>> I checked a few databases and these columns don't get populated. It
>> should be possible to get
>> this information from somewhere else - number of blocks from V$BH, V
>> $CACHE and hit ratio from
>> object statistics. Still it would be nice to get these columns
>> populated. Anyone know how to do it?
>> There is nothing in documentation.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?
p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:27658118048105

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Oracle-Application-Server-10g/10.1.2.3.0 Oracle-HTTP-Server Server at
asktom.oracle.com Port 80

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com