From: shobhit on
Hi.All,
I am using Windows XP service pack 2 and Oracle 10g. I am unable to
use DBConsole due to this error --

Could not start the OracleDBConsole service on Local Compuer.
Error 1053:The service did not respond to the start or control request
in a timely fashion.
Please help me to solve this problem.

From: bdurrettccci on
On Feb 14, 1:38 am, "shob...(a)gmail.com" <comlear...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.All,
> I am using Windows XP service pack 2 and Oracle 10g. I am unable to
> use DBConsole due to this error --
>
> Could not start the OracleDBConsole service on Local Compuer.
> Error 1053:The service did not respond to the start or control request
> in a timely fashion.
> Please help me to solve this problem.

Hey. I had this for a long time and think I finally figured it out.
You probably didn't ask for support for OEM when you created the
database. That is what I did. You have to choose "Configure the
Database with Enterprise Manager" and "Use Database Control for
Database Management" for it to work. You probably just don't have the
things in place on the database for the DB control to run.

Can't remember how I fixed it. There is a way to add it after the
fact. You can always recreate your database from scratch if you just
have a test instance.

- Bobby

From: Frank van Bortel on
shobhit(a)gmail.com schreef:
> Hi.All,
> I am using Windows XP service pack 2 and Oracle 10g. I am unable to
> use DBConsole due to this error --
>
> Could not start the OracleDBConsole service on Local Compuer.
> Error 1053:The service did not respond to the start or control request
> in a timely fashion.
> Please help me to solve this problem.

That is a Windows error.
Post in a Windows group.

If you find an Oracle error in an Oracle related log file,
come back here.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel