From: Dan on
I'm running into an occasional issue with my stats gathering in Oracle
10.2. I run the following commands:

DEFINE SCHEMA = "IBXREF1"
EXEC DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS(ownname=> '&SCHEMA', tabname=>
'HOUSEHOLD_DATA', estimate_percent=>DBMS_STATS.AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE);

This is a large table, 135G, and the stats gathering runs for 5-6
hours on our server. It completes as normal with no errors, but when
you look at the table afterward there are no stats for it. The
USER_TABLE.LAST_ANALYZED is blank.

This command is from a script that I run every month, and most months
are fine, so it's not a syntax thing. This just seems to happen once
every 2 or 3 months on one of my tables.

Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Dan