From: mousemen on
I get the following error in the daily report.
Source Event ID Last Occurrence Total Occurrences
DCOM 10016 3/2/2007 9:01 AM 1
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local
Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064} to the user NT AUTHORITY
\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This security permission can be
modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I've looked online for a possible fix but am unable to track it down.
1 of the things to do was in the registry goto hkcr/clsid/clsid value
but that was not there. Anyone with some suggestions I would be
thankful to.I have also done a search thru the registry for that key
and added network access to.
There was a possible fix thru the admin tools section but I got lost
there.

Paul

From: Signal on
In Regedit use "find" - 0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064, to locate the
CLSID and/or name of the app with the COM error and then in components
services under Component Services/Computers/My Computers/COM+ Applications or
DCOM Config, locate the app and change the "Local Activation" permission.
This will stop the error but then why did it need to be changed?? I am not
sure. I had a similar problem recently and this stopped the error but I am
not happy with the "Why"!!

From: mousemen on
On Mar 4, 3:07 pm, Signal <Sig...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> In Regedit use "find" - 0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064, to locate the
> CLSID and/or name of the app with the COM error and then in components
> services under Component Services/Computers/My Computers/COM+ Applications or
> DCOM Config, locate the app and change the "Local Activation" permission.
> This will stop the error but then why did it need to be changed?? I am not
> sure. I had a similar problem recently and this stopped the error but I am
> not happy with the "Why"!!
>
> "mousemen" wrote:
> > I get the following error in the daily report.
> > Source Event ID Last Occurrence Total Occurrences
> > DCOM 10016 3/2/2007 9:01 AM 1
> > The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local
> > Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
> > {0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064} to the user NT AUTHORITY
> > \NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This security permission can be
> > modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
>
> > I've looked online for a possible fix but am unable to track it down.
> > 1 of the things to do was in the registry goto hkcr/clsid/clsid value
> > but that was not there. Anyone with some suggestions I would be
> > thankful to.I have also done a search thru the registry for that key
> > and added network access to.
> > There was a possible fix thru the admin tools section but I got lost
> > there.
>
> > Paul

I did the registry search for that key. But they under Component
Services how do I know what app to change it on or find out what app
is causing this