From: David_B on
If I understand correctly, you'd like to use two computers with one FieldPoint?  You want to run a host VI on one computer, but have the FieldPoint communicate with a second computer (through serial reads and writes I'm assuming) that has the SmartDDE software on it?  I think, if this is what you are trying to do, you will be able to by deploying a VI to the FieldPoint and running the commands from there.  This of course will depend on your HW.  What FieldPoint are you using?
Here is a&nbsp;great document to get you started (if I understood you correctly that is): <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D9DC27C95A6AA9F986256B97005D360C?OpenDocument" target="_blank">Using RS232 Serial on FieldPoint Real-Time Controllers</a>
From: Amro on
@ yenknip
you are right but you can also communicat to Bronkhorst MFCs useing VISA/RS232 also, but you need to know the serial cmds to send to the flowBUS/RS232.
I have done it and it works perfectly.
From: yenknip on
From: Amro on
you can communicat to all the MFC's on the flowbus useing the RS232. you have to construct the commands in Hex values and send them over the RS232/VISA COM-port.
you can get the commands format from Bronkhorst Instruction manual.
I have no idea if I am allawed to publish this commands hier. so please connatct Bronkhorst and ask them about the (RS232 interface with Flow-Bus protocol for Digital Mass Flow/Pressure instruments) manual.
&nbsp;
in this manual you can found how the command should be send and how you can initialize the flowbus.
&nbsp;
Note: with out initializing the flowbus, you will not able to communicat to more than one MFC's.
&nbsp;
if you get this manual and you have a problem, just post your Problem and I will try to help.
I know that, it&nbsp;is a littel bit tricky to use thier commands, but it is possible and it works.