From: HeyBub on
Alias wrote:
> On 8/4/2010 3:35 PM, John wrote:
>>
>> I loaded Firefox, and Hotmail works normally under that browser.
>> She's not interested in changing browsers, though
>
> Tell her to use it anyway. Or Chrome. If she won't, let her figure it
> out.

Firefox will give your cat warts. If you don't have a cat, you should be
okay.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
I'd very much doubt the DEP-capable hardware has anything to do with the
behavior.

You will find support for Internet Explorer in this MS forum now:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads

Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your current IE
version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.

HOW TO Optimize Internet Explorer for Windows Live Hotmail
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=3c7c3338-369e-4220-b29d-71ce660fe5a0

. Solutions for Common Hotmail Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=1

. Hotmail Community Forums <=post all Hotmail-specific questions here!
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: John on
Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't used IE in at least 15 years except
when I had to use it to run Windows Update. Your comments and Paul's have
given me some ideas.

From: John on
Knowing almost nothing about DEP, you won't get any argument from me! But it
didn't start happening until I fired up the new motherboard; perhaps just a
coincidence.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. People get cranky at cross-posting, so I
flipped a coin and landed here first.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You can't crosspost to Answers forums from here. Or did you mean multipost?