From: Steve Lee on
Actually, this applies to Windows Server device drivers ...

As per the DEVFUND-0046, effectively from June 01st, Windows Server device
drivers are required to supply a command line, scriptable, or answer-file
capable utility or functionality for device and driver management. The
file(s) required to provide the command line functionality, if applicable per
the requirements text. See DEVFUND-0046 for details of requirements, A
readme DOC file that indicates the name of the command line utility and
whether any functionality is different from that of any graphical interface
tool provided for the product. You need to keep the readme DOC with your
driver package during the submission process.
Effectively from September 01st, if we don't find readme file in Server
device submissions then we will fail your submission without any
notification. If you have any additional questions please let us know.

Steve Lee