From: Drew on
I am running XP. Frequently, my outlet express fails to work. The only way
I can get it started is to reboot my computer. When I reboot, I get the
message "DIRECTDBNOTIFYWNDPROC is not responding" (or something to that
effect). After I click on "Shut Down Now", the computer reboots and Outlook
Express works again.

Is there a remedy for this?

Thanks

Wes

From: Unknown on
Do a Google search on 'directdb'.

From: Peter Foldes on
Crossposted to the outlookexpress.general
--
Peter

From: Bruce Hagen on
> "Drew" <drew(a)home.net> wrote in message
>>I am running XP. Frequently, my outlet express fails to work. The only
>>way I can get it started is to reboot my computer. When I reboot, I get
>>the message "DIRECTDBNOTIFYWNDPROC is not responding" (or something to
>>that effect). After I click on "Shut Down Now", the computer reboots
>>and Outlook Express works again.
>>
>> Is there a remedy for this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Wes

Start here.

When OE crashes or won't start:
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#crash
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Sardine on
Drew wrote:
> I am running XP. Frequently, my outlet express fails to work. The only way
> I can get it started is to reboot my computer. When I reboot, I get the
> message "DIRECTDBNOTIFYWNDPROC is not responding" (or something to that
> effect). After I click on "Shut Down Now", the computer reboots and Outlook
> Express works again.
>
> Is there a remedy for this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Wes

A great way to fix Outlook Express is to remove it and install
Thunderbird, it is free and works good. I did this and never once looked
back.

By the way, with Windows 7, OE is no longer available.

Sardine