From: Brion on
So we've just completed a review of all our distribution lists - many had no
owners, were not used anymore, etc. We cleaned up a lot of stuff and
assigned an owner to each list, then notified the new owners that they are
in fact now owners. Several of them are running into problems whereby they
cannot modify the group. They get an error message saying You do not have
sufficient permissions to update the list. Can someone give me some ideas
on where to start troubleshooting this? Not all owners have this problem -
just a handful of them.

Thanks!

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:18:39 -0500, "Brion" <blah(a)blah.com> wrote:

>So we've just completed a review of all our distribution lists - many had no
>owners, were not used anymore, etc. We cleaned up a lot of stuff and
>assigned an owner to each list, then notified the new owners that they are
>in fact now owners. Several of them are running into problems whereby they
>cannot modify the group. They get an error message saying You do not have
>sufficient permissions to update the list. Can someone give me some ideas
>on where to start troubleshooting this? Not all owners have this problem -
>just a handful of them.

What release of Exchange? What did you use to assign the manager to
the DL? If you used ADUC did you check the box that said the manager s
allowed to modify the membership?

How many domains in your AD forest? Are the groups and manager in the
same AD domain? Is the GC used by the manager's Outlook client in the
same domain as the group and the manager?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP