From: Brion on
So we've just completed a review of all our distribution lists - many had no
owners, were not used anymore, etc. We cleaned up a lot of stuff and
assigned an owner to each list, then notified the new owners that they are
in fact now owners. Several of them are running into problems whereby they
cannot modify the group. They get an error message saying You do not have
sufficient permissions to update the list. Can someone give me some ideas
on where to start troubleshooting this? Not all owners have this problem -
just a handful of them.

Thanks!

From: Brion on
Just found the solution - when I looked at the groups in AD Users and
Computers, on the Managed By tab, the checkbox for Manager Can Update
Membership List was unchecked! We never noticed that before because we were
manipulating the lists from within Exchange Management Console.