From: Bee on
How do I get my VB6 to access a DLL's properties.
Specifically, the file version number.
The dll is referenced only in a Declare if that matters.
That is, it is not registerable.
It is in the System32 folder and my app can access the entry points.

From: Nobody on
"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my VB6 to access a DLL's properties.
> Specifically, the file version number.
> The dll is referenced only in a Declare if that matters.
> That is, it is not registerable.
> It is in the System32 folder and my app can access the entry points.

Check Randy Birch site.

From: Larry Serflaten on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote
> "Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I get my VB6 to access a DLL's properties.
> > Specifically, the file version number.
> > The dll is referenced only in a Declare if that matters.
> > That is, it is not registerable.
> > It is in the System32 folder and my app can access the entry points.
>
> Check Randy Birch site.

Possibly this page: http://www.vbnet.mvps.org/code/helpers/isshellversion.htm

LFS

From: mscir on
On 5/7/2010 9:18 PM, Bee wrote:
> How do I get my VB6 to access a DLL's properties.
> Specifically, the file version number.
> The dll is referenced only in a Declare if that matters.
> That is, it is not registerable.
> It is in the System32 folder and my app can access the entry points.

You might give this one a try:

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=4976&lngWId=1

From: C. Kevin Provance on

"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC397819-E3DA-4853-BA1D-27AA529C1755(a)microsoft.com...
: How do I get my VB6 to access a DLL's properties.
: Specifically, the file version number.
: The dll is referenced only in a Declare if that matters.
: That is, it is not registerable.
: It is in the System32 folder and my app can access the entry points.

For fncks sake, will you at least TRY to google for the answer first?

I honestly do not think you are a real programmer. I think you are taking bits of other folks' code and making that into a program. I say this since you constantly asked for code without providing any of your own, or what you tried first. And you clearly don't bother with Google, after you've been asked several times to try that first.