From: Martin on
Due to a virus getting into one of my computers I had to re-format my
drive and start all over (fortunately, I have things pretty well
backed up).

I've just installed VB6 (I have the original CDs) and now I want to
install Service Pack 6. My question is: do I need to install SP-5
first?
From: dpb on
Martin wrote:
> Due to a virus getting into one of my computers I had to re-format my
> drive and start all over (fortunately, I have things pretty well
> backed up).
>
> I've just installed VB6 (I have the original CDs) and now I want to
> install Service Pack 6. My question is: do I need to install SP-5
> first?

They're cumulative...

From: Norm on

"dpb" <none(a)non.net> wrote in message
> Martin wrote:
>> Due to a virus getting into one of my computers I had to re-format my
>> drive and start all over (fortunately, I have things pretty well
>> backed up).
>>
>> I've just installed VB6 (I have the original CDs) and now I want to
>> install Service Pack 6. My question is: do I need to install SP-5
>> first?
>
> They're cumulative...
>
> --

Martin,

I would suggest you look for SP6B, which solved some of the problems people
were having with the first version of SP6. I am not sure what the problems
were as I have always used SP6B. :-)

Norm

From: Donald Lessau on
"Martin" <ironwoodcanyon(a)gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Due to a virus getting into one of my computers I had to re-format my
> drive and start all over (fortunately, I have things pretty well
> backed up).
>
> I've just installed VB6 (I have the original CDs) and now I want to
> install Service Pack 6. My question is: do I need to install SP-5
> first?

I once installed SP6 onto VB6 SP4 and it worked.