From: daniel2852 on
Hi I was trying to make DLTS(Deep Level Transient Spectroscopy) system using Agilent 4284A LCR Meter and Trio-tech TC1000 Temperature controller.
I'm done with LCR Meter but I don't know how to start Temperature controller.
There was labview driver for LCR Meter so I just modified exiting VI.
However there is no example for controlling Temperature controller by Labview.
Please help me if you can.
Thanks for reading thisMessage Edited by daniel2852 on 02-13-2006 07:44 PM
From: Chris_R. on
Hi Daniel,
If you know the command set of your instrument, you can try communication using the VISA API.&nbsp; You probably have NI-VISA installed already since it is required for most of&nbsp;the instrument drivers on our web page.&nbsp; If you do not have it, you will need to download it from <a href="http://search.ni.com/nisearch/nisearchservlet?nistype=default&amp;filter=+%2BProductLine%3A1640+%2Bcontentformat%3Asoftwarelib&amp;ddown=2" target="_blank">here</a>.&nbsp; Is your temperature controller a GPIB Instrument?&nbsp; If so, try using the example I have attached below that uses the basic VISA functionality to write a command to the instrument and read back the response.&nbsp; You will need LabVIEW 7.0 or higher to run it.&nbsp; Just&nbsp;put in your gpib device resource name and a known command into the VISA Write and set it to read an expected number of bytes.&nbsp; You should be able to read command responses&nbsp;directly from the instrument.&nbsp; If this works, you can try to build your own driver around this example.&nbsp;&nbsp;You can also try using the Instrument I/O Assistant Express VI which often allows for instrument communication without instrument drivers.&nbsp; This can be found on the Express palette on the block diagram in LabVIEW.&nbsp; I also suggest going to <a href="http://www.ni.com/idnet" target="_blank">www.ni.com/idnet</a> and selecting "Request Instrument Drivers" to put in a request to our driver development team.&nbsp; These are considered when developing new drivers for future releases.&nbsp;
I hope this works for you, but if you have any questions, please let me know!
&nbsp;
Chris R.
Applications EngineerNational Instruments

Basic GPIB Write and Read LV70.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/167492/1/Basic GPIB Write and Read LV70.vi