From: Juan Pablo Gallardo on
Hi,

I have a local area network configured with windows server 2003, and all
computers connect to the internet through this server, using dns 192.168.0.4
which is on the windows server.
For some reason I can not connect to certain websites and for example I can
not connect to the shared calendars on outlook 2007 using that dns, if i
change the dns for example to another one like 208.67.222.222 it works.

can anyone explain me why??

Thanks!

JP

From: Gaspar on
Hola Juan.
Tenes los forwaders bien configurados en el DNS del servidor? Para que
envien las peticiones al DNS de tu proveedor de Internet.

From: Grant Taylor on
On 06/16/10 11:07, Juan Pablo Gallardo wrote:
> For some reason I can not connect to certain websites and for example I can
> not connect to the shared calendars on outlook 2007 using that dns, if i
> change the dns for example to another one like 208.67.222.222 it works.

Please post the output of an nslookup for a problem host / domain
against both your internal and an external DNS servers.

Grant. . . .
From: Juan Pablo Gallardo on
Hola,

Gracias.
No se, como veo eso?

JP

From: Juan Pablo Gallardo on
Ok from Server:

nslookup

DNS requested timed out
timeout 2 seconds
*** Name server for address 200.72.1.5 can not be found*** Timedout

Predetermined server: UnKnown
Address: 200.72.1.5

Client:

Microsoft Windows XP [Versi�n 5.1.2600]

(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\ventas01>nslookup

*** No se puede encontrar el nombre de servidor para la direcci�n
192.168.0.4: N

on-existent domain (EN: Domain server for address 192.168.0.4 can not be
found -- non existen)

*** Los servidores predeterminados no est�n disponibles (EN: Predetermined
servers are not available)

Servidor predeterminado: UnKnown

Address: 192.168.0.4

Thanks