From: John Peach on

http://www.spamhaus.org/organization/dnsblusage.html

--
John

From: donovan jeffrey j on

On Apr 19, 2010, at 8:54 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> * donovan jeffrey j <donovan(a)beth.k12.pa.us>:
>
>> I certainly do not want to exceed any limits, how do i avoid that ?
>
> Well, how big is your server?

oh it's about this high " - - - "
j/k

this system in question picks up mail ( primary MX ) for about 2000 users.
-j

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* donovan jeffrey j <donovan(a)beth.k12.pa.us>:

> this system in question picks up mail ( primary MX ) for about 2000 users.

This should well be within the limits. We're execeeding the limit at
about 30k users. Maybe you're using your ISPs DNS forwarder?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: donovan jeffrey j on

On Apr 19, 2010, at 8:58 AM, John Peach wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:53:03 -0400
> donovan jeffrey j <donovan(a)beth.k12.pa.us> wrote:

>>> You might have been blocked because you exceeded the limits for free
>>> usage.
>>
>> i did not know there was such a thing. I may be having some type of
>> dns issue with zen. My local dns server does not resolve zen, but
>> google public dns does. i found this
>>

> http://www.spamhaus.org/organization/dnsblusage.html
>
> --
> John

thanks John,
okay,.. 100,000 smtp a day or 300,000 queries,... i have no idea if i reach either of these.sigh:: I've been running this for years.
-j
From: donovan jeffrey j on

On Apr 19, 2010, at 9:03 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> * donovan jeffrey j <donovan(a)beth.k12.pa.us>:
>
>> this system in question picks up mail ( primary MX ) for about 2000 users.
>
> This should well be within the limits. We're execeeding the limit at
> about 30k users. Maybe you're using your ISPs DNS forwarder?

Im not sure i understand. I know my isp pulls zone files from me, and runs a secondary dns server.
-j