From: Fan Fan on
Our ONLY Nt4.0 domain controller crashed so was the Exchange Server 5.5 due
to power failure. We rebuild the NT4.0 dc and the Exchange Server 5.5 from
scratch. The ExchangeAdmin Domain account (same account with the one before
the crash) was created and given the domain admin rights and also used as
the Exchange 5.5 service account. All of the Exchange services started fine
before the restore of the backup from the creashed-Exchange SErver.
(unfortunately, we did not backup the NT40 before the crash) after the
restore is done, the information store service refuce to start. Then I ran
the ISINTEG -patch to fix the database and I got the
DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS error and said the database can't be
updated. I know what the problem is: even though the service account is with
the same name but the sucurity ID is different. Anybody know how to work
around? I apprecate your help.

Fan

From: Susan on
sounds like you restored the "directory" also? if you do not have a backup
of the SAM from your domain controller, this will not work. See this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;163686

From: Fan Fan on
Susan,

Thank for the help. I did the restore from the Exchange 5.5 backup again
after I read your post without over-written the existing Exchange directory.
I don't get the DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS error any more. However, the
Directory Service service won't start with 'error 1067 - The Microsoft
Exchange Direcroty Service Hung on Starting'. At the event log, it shows
Event ID 7022 with the same message. Any idea? Thank you.
-Fan

From: Susan on
did you check the app log and the system log? did you rebuild the server
exactly as it needed to be rebuilt, and install Exchange with the exact same
Org and site names?

From: Fan Fan on
Susan,

Thank you again for the timely reply. Yes, the rebuilt-Exchange-Server is
identical to to the one that crashed with the same Organization name, Site
name etc. I checked all of the event logs and all error events are pointing
to the Exchange direcroty service not being able to start. The most relivent
one was event ID 7022 that says 'The Microsoft Exchange Directory Service
Hung on Starting'. Please help.

- Fan

"Susan" <susan(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> did you check the app log and the system log? did you rebuild the server
> exactly as it needed to be rebuilt, and install Exchange with the exact
> same
> Org and site names?
>
> "Fan Fan" <ffan102(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Susan,
>>
>> Thank for the help. I did the restore from the Exchange 5.5 backup again
>> after I read your post without over-written the existing Exchange
> directory.
>> I don't get the DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS error any more. However,
> the
>> Directory Service service won't start with 'error 1067 - The Microsoft
>> Exchange Direcroty Service Hung on Starting'. At the event log, it shows
>> Event ID 7022 with the same message. Any idea? Thank you.
>> -Fan
>>
>> "Fan Fan" <ffan102(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Our ONLY Nt4.0 domain controller crashed so was the Exchange Server 5.5
>> > due to power failure. We rebuild the NT4.0 dc and the Exchange Server
> 5.5
>> > from scratch. The ExchangeAdmin Domain account (same account with the
> one
>> > before the crash) was created and given the domain admin rights and
>> > also
>> > used as the Exchange 5.5 service account. All of the Exchange services
>> > started fine before the restore of the backup from the
>> > creashed-Exchange
>> > SErver. (unfortunately, we did not backup the NT40 before the crash)
> after
>> > the restore is done, the information store service refuce to start.
>> > Then
>> > ran the ISINTEG -patch to fix the database and I got the
>> > DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS error and said the database can't be
>> > updated. I know what the problem is: even though the service account is
>> > with the same name but the sucurity ID is different. Anybody know how
>> > work around? I apprecate your help.
>> >
>> > Fan
>> >

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2