From: Dustin on
On a win2k exchange 2003 server, i just restored the IS last night. It was
an ugly scenario, since the backups failed since last Satuday, and the
machine crashed on Wednesday morning. Anyways, after the whole repair
process i am having some issue with my freshly restored IS that i cant
figure out. so here goes.

My users can not delete any email that is in thier inbox. It throws an
error stating " The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or
already deleted, or access was denied"

Also some of the email does not display or open at all, stating "Can't open
this item. The operation failed"

*one more problem... actually my main reason for posting:*
My Application log on the server is blowing up with the following error:
An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (CORREO)".
Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcUpdate
Error: 0xfffffa84

thanks,
-Dustin

From: Susan on
did you follow this document?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/library/MRFME2KS.mspx

From: Dustin on
actually i used the following article since its 2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/DROpsGuide/5c993545-011e-4fcd-80ee-36d6d5db84f4.mspx

I ran a chkdsk /R on the disks
I ran an repair on the win2k OS, and reapplied service packs.
i ran the following commands on the information store: ( i vaguely remember)

eseutil /r ee0 /i
eseutil /p priv1.edb
eseutil /d priv1.edb
eseutil /g
isinteg -fix -test alltests

all seemed to work out ok. did i miss one??

i cant quite remember everything i did, i was in the server room for a grand
total of 18 hours tryin to get this done.

i am going to reinstall exchange 2003 sp1 later this evening to see if that
helps and may rerun the eseutil /d and /g

-Dustin

From: Susan on
I think your problem stems from your having run eseutil /p...why did you run
that? that is a "last resort" utility, and almost always results in data
loss...a restore would have been a better option...

From: Dustin on
A restore wasnt quite possible, since the server blew up on wednesday
morning, and the last successful backup was from Saturday.

i did come across something wierd. if i go to the mailbox store properties,
and then go to the security tab, there is a mising user, displayed only by a
SID (i didnt delete any user or groups). what are the required user/group
permissions on this object?