From: AM on
Hi folks,

is there a way to know which release of ADSL firmware has the 877 router got?
The command "sh dsl int atm0" shows only the information if the line is activated or the last connection details.
AFAIK the firmware release doesn't share anything with the ADSL line, don't you agree?
I prepare the router from scratch and then I send them to the sites so I would appreciate to gather such information
without being forced to connect the router to an ADSL line, for I don't an ADSL line at all in the office where I'm working.

TIA

Alex
From: Bjarke Andersen on
AM <am(a)am.am> crashed Echelon writing

> is there a way to know which release of ADSL firmware has the 877
> router got?

show version

--
Bjarke Andersen
From: Bod43 on

Bjarke Andersen wrote:
> AM <am(a)am.am> crashed Echelon writing
>
> > is there a way to know which release of ADSL firmware has the 877
> > router got?
>
> show version

The straightforward answer is that the firmware is loaded on boot
from the IOS and you can infer the DSL firmware version from the IOS
version.

Any IOS version will /always/ load the same firmware version.

However:-
The 877 (and some ADSL WIC(s) I think too) supports the
use of a seperate firmware file. This is stored in the flash
and is also loaded every time at boot.

This file ALWAYS has the same name (this is how IOS finds it)
and so you would want to keep some record of which file was which
if you were to use this feature.

From: AM on
Bod43(a)hotmail.co.uk wrote:

> However:-
> The 877 (and some ADSL WIC(s) I think too) supports the
> use of a seperate firmware file. This is stored in the flash
> and is also loaded every time at boot.
>
> This file ALWAYS has the same name (this is how IOS finds it)
> and so you would want to keep some record of which file was which
> if you were to use this feature.

or to use the strings command on a linux box and see if anything meaningful can be found within the file....
From: Laurent on
Hello,

This is curious because the 'sh dsl interface atm0' show the version on
my 857 router, may be have a better look at your output?

Alcatel 20190 chipset information
ATU-R (DS) ATU-C (US)
Modem Status: Showtime (DMTDSL_SHOWTIME)
DSL Mode: ITU G.992.1 (G.DMT) Annex A
ITU STD NUM: 0x03 0x1
Vendor ID: 'STMI' 'ALCB'
Vendor Specific: 0x0000 0x0000