From: DeadDancers on
This might be a double post. I killed the original screen too quickly and
couldn't find the post anywhere.

Recently I reinstalled my OS to fix a registry error. Now my DVD drive won't
read DVDs.

It can read data and audio CDs just fine.

I tried using DVD Decryptor to move a movie onto my computer so I could
watch it. Upon inserting the dvd, it takes a long time to think about it. The
dvd drive sounds wrong - not loud, just quietly skittery.

It does eventually find the iso files, but when it tries to 'parse' them I
get this error:

I/O Error!

ScsiStatus: 0c02

A bunch of numbers and then three interpretations.

Interpretation: Check Condition
Interpretation: Read (10)
Interpretation: ID CRC or ECC Error.

So this sounds like a problem with the disc to me.. but it happens to ALL
dvds, old or new.

Any ideas?
From: DeadDancers on

An update:

It does seem *capable* of reading the DVD.. just very very very slowly.

The DVD is absolutely not damaged. What are my options?
From: chas2209 on

"DeadDancers" <DeadDancers(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> An update:
>
> It does seem *capable* of reading the DVD.. just very very very slowly.
>
> The DVD is absolutely not damaged. What are my options?

Hi
Enable DMA

chas2209

From: Sprechen sie von C++ on
DVD drives do not last for ever, a new drive usually helps a lot, as new
models are faster.

From: DeadDancers on

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it. No difference.