From: Ryan on
Okay I'm trying to burn a small collection of DVDs but my burner won't work. Last one I made worked its just the screen ratio was screwed up. So I tried making another one, leaving my laptop alone as Windows DVD Maker did its thing. At the last 1% its stopped, saying the DVD burner wasn't working/installed. I've tried making other DVDs but the autorun won't work and the list of DVD burners is left blank. I've tried inserting blank DVDs and waiting for the E: drive to switch over after loading, only to get Not Responding. I don't know what happened....

MarkC wrote:

Thanks for the reply, yes that was done, with nothing happening.
07-Feb-08

Thanks for the reply, yes that was done, with nothing happening. However I
did find the problem. Would you believe it was leftover files and registry
entries from Logitech Mouse that was uninstalled recently? Once I got rid
of that, and uninstalled the 6.2 MS Mouse drive and went with the default.
Autoplay start working again. I was having some issues with the mouse and
when I fixed that, it also fixed Autoplay.

Mark

"RiggsFolly" <RiggsFolly(a)community.nospam> wrote in message

On Sunday, February 03, 2008 1:04 PM
MarkC wrote:

CD and DVD autorun not working
AutoRun is working on the 1 CD drive and two DVD drives.
However, the autoplay is not working. I used the autofix tool and it
did detect errors in the autoplay V2, but it couldn't fix it. This is for
all three drives.

I really did a good search on the Internet to this issue and it pretty much
says that the Autofix.exe is the magic pill. That isn't the case with my
issue.

I used TweakUI and that did not solve the issue. This is universal since it
affects all users, even Admin.

Any other ideas that maybe causing the autoplay not to work? Any tools that
I can use that will help?

Note: I also posted this in the General news group and kinda desperate to
find an answer, so I posted here too.

This is how I interpret the difference:
Autorun is using the inf file.
Autoplay gives a popup menu of choices to use the CD with a certain
application.

Thanks,

MarkC

On Wednesday, February 06, 2008 4:19 AM
RiggsFolly wrote:

Mark,I assume you have tried the simple approach which would have been to load
Mark,

I assume you have tried the simple approach which would have been to load
explorer, select a cd/dvd drive in the left hand section of the window,
right click and then select "Properties" then select the AutoPlay tab.

From this tab you can select which application should be run for which type
of media file. If you have the "Prompt me each time..." radio button
selected XP will ask you in a dialog what to do, however if you select a
media type in the dropdown list and using the "Select an action to perform"
radio button you can specify what app should automatically run each media
type.

Hope this is not the first thing you tried but, you didnt mention any of the
simple stuff in your list of what you tried to do to fix it.

Regards

"MarkC" <None(a)nospam.com> wrote in message

On Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:55 PM
MarkC wrote:

Thanks for the reply, yes that was done, with nothing happening.
Thanks for the reply, yes that was done, with nothing happening. However I
did find the problem. Would you believe it was leftover files and registry
entries from Logitech Mouse that was uninstalled recently? Once I got rid
of that, and uninstalled the 6.2 MS Mouse drive and went with the default.
Autoplay start working again. I was having some issues with the mouse and
when I fixed that, it also fixed Autoplay.

Mark

Convert XML ADO recordset to Table with the DOM
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bf4a89cc-abe4-4f0d-9d8c-382c0c6335ad/convert--xml-ado-recordse.aspx
From: Peter Foldes on
Try the following

Peter