From: Paul Thompson on
What's the best way to watch DVDs with 11.2?

Thanks
Paul
From: WLS on
On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:42:59 -0600, Paul Thompson wrote:

> What's the best way to watch DVDs with 11.2?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

I use xine, because it seems to be the only program that starts at the
beginning, showing previews if included. VLC and Totem seem to go
directly to the movie menu for some reason.

May be the way I have them configured, but haven't been able to figure
that problem out. Some will say it's not a problem. LOL!

VLC is my next choice, if I want to bypass the previews. :)

--
openSUSE 11.2x86_64 (Gnome 2.28.2) | AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3000+ | 2GB RAM
From: Paul Thompson on
On 03/04/2010 12:05 PM, WLS wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:42:59 -0600, Paul Thompson wrote:
>
>> What's the best way to watch DVDs with 11.2?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Paul
>
> I use xine, because it seems to be the only program that starts at the
> beginning, showing previews if included. VLC and Totem seem to go
> directly to the movie menu for some reason.
>
> May be the way I have them configured, but haven't been able to figure
> that problem out. Some will say it's not a problem. LOL!
>
> VLC is my next choice, if I want to bypass the previews. :)

When I run Xine I get that it "lacks certain features", guess I need new
libraries. What's a good source for them?

From: David Bolt on
On Friday 05 Mar 2010 13:57, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Paul Thompson painted this mural:

> When I run Xine I get that it "lacks certain features", guess I need new
> libraries. What's a good source for them?

Packman.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | | openSUSE 11.3M1 32b

From: WLS on
On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 07:57:48 -0600, Paul Thompson wrote:

> On 03/04/2010 12:05 PM, WLS wrote:
>> On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:42:59 -0600, Paul Thompson wrote:
>>
>>> What's the best way to watch DVDs with 11.2?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Paul
>>
>> I use xine, because it seems to be the only program that starts at the
>> beginning, showing previews if included. VLC and Totem seem to go
>> directly to the movie menu for some reason.
>>
>> May be the way I have them configured, but haven't been able to figure
>> that problem out. Some will say it's not a problem. LOL!
>>
>> VLC is my next choice, if I want to bypass the previews. :)
>>

> When I run Xine I get that it "lacks certain features", guess I need new
> libraries. What's a good source for them?

I'll differ to the experts on that. However these are the packages I have
installed:

libxine1
libxine1-codecs
libxine1-gnome-vfs
libxine1-pulse

all from the Packman repository and

phonon-backend-xine
xine-ui

both from the Main Repository.

This is in the description of the libxine1 package in YaST.

The libxine1 package may lack certain features because of legal
requirements (potential patent violation). See http://www.opensuse.org/
xine#Legal_Matters

Hope that helps a bit.

--
openSUSE 11.2x86_64 (Gnome 2.28.2) | AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3000+ | 2GB RAM