From: Per* on
After upgrading to windows7 my trusty Dreamweaver MX 6.0 works fine - except
for the FTP-function:

Test connection says "Succesfully", but when i try to transfer files - or
expand to doublesided FTP-window - it waits for server forever...

I have tried to turn the win firewall of, no result

I use CuteFTP instead - it works fine - but i miss the easy FTP i DW!

any ideas? Per*

From: RedDog on
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:45:23 +0200, "Per*" <iuhgu(a)kfuhg.uk> wrote:

>After upgrading to windows7 my trusty Dreamweaver MX 6.0 works fine - except
>for the FTP-function:
>
>Test connection says "Succesfully", but when i try to transfer files - or
>expand to doublesided FTP-window - it waits for server forever...
>
>I have tried to turn the win firewall of, no result
>
>I use CuteFTP instead - it works fine - but i miss the easy FTP i DW!
>
>any ideas? Per*

DW FTP is too slow even when it works
WS_FTP Pro works like lightning
I'm using a copy from 2003 and quite happy.
From: Duncan Kennedy on
RedDog <RD44(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:45:23 +0200, "Per*" <iuhgu(a)kfuhg.uk> wrote:
>
> >After upgrading to windows7 my trusty Dreamweaver MX 6.0 works fine - except
> >for the FTP-function:
> >
> >Test connection says "Succesfully", but when i try to transfer files - or
> >expand to doublesided FTP-window - it waits for server forever...
> >
> >I have tried to turn the win firewall of, no result
> >
> >I use CuteFTP instead - it works fine - but i miss the easy FTP i DW!
> >
> >any ideas? Per*
> >
> DW FTP is too slow even when it works
> WS_FTP Pro works like lightning
> I'm using a copy from 2003 and quite happy.

Agreed - although Filezilla is a reasonable free substitute for Mac /
Windows.

--
duncank
From: Eric Wilson on
On Apr 5, 2:45 pm, "Per*" <iu...(a)kfuhg.uk> wrote:
> After upgrading to windows7 my trusty Dreamweaver MX 6.0 works fine - except
> for the FTP-function:
>
> Test connection says "Succesfully", but when i try to transfer files - or
> expand to doublesided FTP-window - it waits for server forever...
>
> I have tried to turn the win firewall of, no result
>
> I use CuteFTP instead - it works fine - but i miss the easy FTP i DW!
>
> any ideas?   Per*

Install a virtual machine with XP on it to support your 8 year old
software or update DW to a newer version.
From: Per* on

"Eric Wilson"

> Install a virtual machine with XP on it to support your 8 year old
> software or update DW to a newer version.

Per:
Thanks to all:

Small fine-tunings of the firewall solved the problem!

Per*