From: JD on
I have a Make Table Query that I will need to run every morning. Is there
anyway to have the query add today's date to the name of the table (without
going in and changing it everyday) so that the new table won't overwrite
yesterday's table?
From: XPS35 on
=?Utf-8?B?SkQ=?= wrote:

> I have a Make Table Query that I will need to run every morning. Is there
> anyway to have the query add today's date to the name of the table (without
> going in and changing it everyday) so that the new table won't overwrite
> yesterday's table?

In VBA you can use a command like:
DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT * INTO T" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & " FROM T1"

--
Groeten,

Peter
http://access.xps350.com

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
JD wrote:
>I have a Make Table Query that I will need to run every morning. Is there
>anyway to have the query add today's date to the name of the table (without
>going in and changing it everyday) so that the new table won't overwrite
>yesterday's table?

Just wondering, but is there a reason you can't just keep all the data in the
same table and index it so you can filter it easily? Whenever I see someone
asking about chunking data into lots of tables with the same structure, it
makes me leery...

Pages: 1
Prev: Delete Query Help
Next: Join on a calculated field