From: Arizona Willie on
Anyone know how to stop those damn Netflix popunder ads? I've got Adblocker
and Firefox and IE set to block popups but the damn things still keep
coming.

Nothing stops them it seems.
From: Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo on
Arizona Willie wrote:
> Anyone know how to stop those damn Netflix popunder ads? I've got Adblocker
> and Firefox and IE set to block popups but the damn things still keep
> coming.
>
> Nothing stops them it seems.

I've never seen one. Can you post a link to one?
Anyways, try and invest in a good HOSTS file. Maybe
thats why I don't see any:
http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/ or
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
From: Arizona Willie on
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> Arizona Willie wrote:
>> Anyone know how to stop those damn Netflix popunder ads? I've got
>> Adblocker and Firefox and IE set to block popups but the damn things
>> still keep coming.
>>
>> Nothing stops them it seems.
>
> I've never seen one. Can you post a link to one?
> Anyways, try and invest in a good HOSTS file. Maybe
> thats why I don't see any:
> http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/ or
> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

=============
Thanks I'll check into HOSTS files.
From: Arizona Willie on
Arizona Willie <sclause(a)npole.com> wrote in

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> <peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo(a)gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Arizona Willie wrote:
>>> Anyone know how to stop those damn Netflix popunder ads? I've got
>>> Adblocker and Firefox and IE set to block popups but the damn things
>>> still keep coming.
>>>
>>> Nothing stops them it seems.
>>
>> I've never seen one. Can you post a link to one?
>> Anyways, try and invest in a good HOSTS file. Maybe
>> thats why I don't see any:
>> http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/ or
>> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
>>

> =============
> Thanks I'll check into HOSTS files.

===============
I just went to az.central.com and clicked on a survey there and saw the
cursed Netflix pop onscreen for a fraction of a second then it
disappeared behind the window. It showed up on the Windows 7 tray and I
went to it and copied this URL from the top of the popup window:

http://cdn.optmd.com/V2/62428/177341/index.html?g=AQABYm8
=&r=www.azcentral.com/news/

This somehow pops under despite having popups blocked and adblock.

I get one of these almost every time I go to that site. I also vote in
those surveys all the time. Maybe I shouldn't do that.

From: John on
Quivis wrote:
> On 05 dec 2009, "Arizona Willie" <sclause(a)npole.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how to stop those damn Netflix popunder ads? I've got
>> Adblocker and Firefox and IE set to block popups but the damn
>> things still keep coming.
>>
>> Nothing stops them it seems.
>
> Perhaps something can be done using Greasemonkey scripts...?

Quivis, can you explain what this Greasemonkey does? I don't want to
put something on my computer I don't know anything about. I also would
like to get rid of that d**n Netflick pop-up. It's very bothersome.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: slow firefox start
Next: Yahoo Search Problem