From: s spector on
Why does Firefox take so long to start up? It seems like nothing is
happening so I click on the logo again and eventually I have two ff
browsers open simultaneously.
From: Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo on
s spector wrote:
> Why does Firefox take so long to start up? It seems like nothing is
> happening so I click on the logo again and eventually I have two ff
> browsers open simultaneously.

what version?

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
From: Justin on
s spector wrote on [Fri, 04 Dec 2009 18:22:18 -0800]:
> Why does Firefox take so long to start up? It seems like nothing is
> happening so I click on the logo again and eventually I have two ff
> browsers open simultaneously.

Slow computer? pegged CPU? not enough ram? Lots of add-ons and sessions
saved to restart?

What is "so long"? 1 second? 10? 120?

From: Herb on
I have similar problem but think it's more 'puter-related as it's
getting older by today's standards. FF opens slower relative to T-Bird
v 2.0.0.0.23. Only 2 extensions in use, Colorful Tabs v3.9.7 and AdBlock
Plus v1.1.1

I have FF version 3.0.14 -- cache and temp files cleaned out. Virus-
and worm-free. Cleaned up with Adaware.

Win XP Home SP3
AMD Athlon 3400+
2.4GH
3GB RAM

===============

From: Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo on
Herb wrote:
> I have similar problem but think it's more 'puter-related as it's
> getting older by today's standards. FF opens slower relative to T-Bird
> v 2.0.0.0.23. Only 2 extensions in use, Colorful Tabs v3.9.7 and AdBlock
> Plus v1.1.1
>
> I have FF version 3.0.14 -- cache and temp files cleaned out. Virus-
> and worm-free. Cleaned up with Adaware.
>
> Win XP Home SP3
> AMD Athlon 3400+
> 2.4GH
> 3GB RAM

empty your cache, delete your cookies, and delete your
windows temp folder.

If that doesn't work, then try creating a test profile
and see if FF opens faster there:

close FF and make sure its closed by looking in the
windows task manager [ctrl+alt+del]. If you see FF
running, end it.

Now, click on the windows start button, then run, and
enter:

firefox.exe -p

this will start the FF profile manager. Click on the
Manage Profile button, then create another profile from
there. Once created, start FF in that profile. Does
it start any better?

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Pages: 1