From: David on
Hi
I have a data validation drop down referencing a list of approx 300 names- I
have to choose about 20 names in 20 rows on a spreadsheet- is there a way of
typing in the first letter and the scrol bar goes down to that point like a
combo box?--
Thanks for your help
From: Gord Dibben on
Not with DV list alone.

You have to ustilize a ComboBox in conjunction with the DV dropdown.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for how-to.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: L. Howard Kittle on
Hi David,

Try this. Sort your names A to Z and then at the beginning of the A's enter
a single A, at the top of the B's enter a single B and do the same for the
rest of the list all the way to the Z's.

In the cell with the Data Validation enter the letter of the list you want
to access, say it is M. DO NOT hit enter, instead leave the data validation
cell, with the letter M, in the edit mode.

Now click the down arrow of the data validation cell and it will take you to
the top of the M list. Scroll from there to your choice.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

From: David on
Thanks for that- I got it to work on my PC but when I use another PC via a
vpn connection it doesn't work? Is there some security setting i should watch
out for?
--
Thanks for your help