From: ker_01 on
I have a data validation cell (List) that uses a named range as the source.
The named range is: GraphLocList=Sheet2!$B$1:$J$1

The list is mostly 3-letter acronyms, with the longest entry being a
9-letter name. I have confirmed that the cells do not contain any extra blank
characters, just the strings that are visible.

My data validation cell is Sheet1, cell D81. The list shows up with the
expected contents, but an unexpected width. The drop-down is so wide it
starts halfway through column B (width 47) and crosses C (width 11) in
addition to covering column D. My entries are so short, they are all
left-justified and show up under column B, when they would all fit (or nearly
fit) if the drop-down was just the width of D.

This workbook was created in XL03, but shows the same symptom when opened in
XL07.

Any suggestions on how to shrink the width of the drop-down to something
more manageable would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Keith
From: T. Valko on
I've run across this before but can't remember exactly how I fixed it.

I think all I had to do was to delete the validation list then set it up
once again.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP