From: John Phillips John on
I've set up a data migration file in dynamics 2009 for customer set up. It is
giving me a migration error 'Postcode doesn't exist' when I reimport from
excel. However, I can enter the postcode directly on the customer card. How
do I get round this error on migration?
From: Vishal Rajput on
What are you using for uploading the data ?

Is it a dataport or data migration within NAV ?

If you are using Data Migration toolkit within NAV then you can check off
Validate in the field selection for the import.

Vishal
vrajput77(a)hotmail.com
+1 778 386 7842
http://www.dynamicsnation.com

From: John Phillips on
I am using data migration within NAV, essentially using the function button
on the migration overview window after selecting the fields, and exporting to
excel. I then type in the excel spreadsheet, save then go back to the
overview window and click function, import from excel. This gives me a
migration error, which when I select show errors, displays that the postcode
does not exist.

I have found the same problem on other migration files - when trying to
create items I have had several errors. It looks to me to be a bug, as all
the data can be manually typed into the customer / item card without any
error warnings coming up

Any ideas?

Thanks

From: Vishal Rajput on
Did you see if you can check off the Validate field next to where you select
the fields for Migration ?

The other way is to extract the Post Codes and load them to the Post Code
table before importing Customers, this way your base table "Post Codes" will
have all the post codes before hand and the Customer Import should work just
fine.

Regards,
Vishal