From: Andy O'Neill on

"wannabe geek" <wannabegeek(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Jeff Johnson" wrote:
>
>> "Jeff Johnson" <i.get(a)enough.spam> wrote in message

>> > I'd start by looking at the CellEndEdit event.
>>
>> Actually, it looks like the CellValidating event might be an even better
>> choice.
>>

>> .
>>

> Is there a way to get .NET to validate data based on specific types or
> must
> i do that manually and display error messages?
> --
> Wannabe Geek

Yes.
But you would need to bind to something that has the types.
You could build a datatable programmatically with all the right field types
and set the length of text columns etc
Then bind to that.
If you put a letter in a numeric column it'll throw an error for you.
Not a terribly user friendly error but there may be a way to over-ride it.
While since I did winforms.

From: wannabe geek on
"Andy O'Neill" wrote:

> "wannabe geek" <wannabegeek(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to get .NET to validate data based on specific types or
> > must
> > i do that manually and display error messages?
> > --
> > Wannabe Geek
>
> Yes.
> But you would need to bind to something that has the types.
> You could build a datatable programmatically with all the right field types
> and set the length of text columns etc
> Then bind to that.
> If you put a letter in a numeric column it'll throw an error for you.
> Not a terribly user friendly error but there may be a way to over-ride it.
> While since I did winforms.
>
> .

Thanks. I guess I will attempt to do it manually then.
--
Wannabe Geek